CrowdStrike Falcon for Mobile
Mobile Endpoint Detection & Response for Android and Apple iOS
Mobile devices have completely changed the way employees work — providing instant access to business-critical applications anytime and anywhere. The increasing volume of business data stored or remotely accessed by enterprise mobile apps greatly elevates the risk of malicious activity and accidental data exposure by trusted employees.
Security and IT teams are not equipped with the tools they need to keep business data safe and personal information private. Mobile device management (MDM) solutions have been available for years, but they don’t address core security concerns, and mobile threat defense (MTD) solutions have been slow to catch on — that’s why a new approach is needed.
CrowdStrike Falcon for Mobile™ takes a visibility-first approach to mobile security, providing a unique focus on corporate apps and their behavior. Falcon for Mobile builds on CrowdStrike’s proven endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology, enabling security teams to hunt for malicious activity as well as unwanted or accidental access to sensitive corporate data, while protecting user privacy and eliminating the blindspots that lead to breaches.
- Provides real-time visibility into iOS and Android devices
- Ensures continuous monitoring of enterprise app behavior
- Delivers real-time threat hunting on mobile devices
- Offers unified EDR across laptops, workstations, servers and mobile devices
- Preserves device resources and protects user privacy
Take your Mobile Security to the Next Level
Mobile devices have completely changed the way employees work — providing instant access to business-critical applications anytime and anywhere. However, mobility is a challenge for security teams as they strive to secure the data stored or remotely accessed by enterprise mobile applications.
Mobile threats are real. Relying on underlying mobile platform safeguards is not enough. In a Ponemon survey, 67 percent of organizations say it was certain or likely they had a data breach as a result of employees using their mobile devices to access the company’s confidential information. Mobile device management (MDM) solutions have been available for years, but they don’t address core security concerns — that’s why a new perspective is necessary.
Falcon for Mobile is built on the award-winning CrowdStrike Falcon platform, allowing you to secure your mobile devices via a single solution that also protects workstations, servers, cloud workloads and containers.
The EDR Approach to Mobile Security
Falcon for Mobile takes a visibility-first approach to mobile security, eliminating blind spots that lead to breaches. Security teams can now see activity on Android and iOS enterprise apps, gaining deeper insight and enabling threat hunting and rapid incident investigation.
Provides real-time visibility into app activity on Android and iOS devices to help eliminate the risk of silent failure and mobile malware
Enterprise Application Behavior Monitoring
Uncovers malicious or unwanted activity on business-critical mobile apps and provides enhanced monitoring of enterprise apps on Android
Enables you to hunt for threats across your enterprise — from mobile devices to the data center
Leverages MDM/UEM solutions to deploy and configure apps protected by Falcon for Mobile
Built on the Falcon Platform
Eliminates the need for additional management consoles with native integration
Privacy by Design
Monitors designated corporate apps only — no monitoring of personal information: texts, emails, or browsing history
Maximizes performance while minimizing battery and bandwidth usage
Key Product Capabilities
Protects Against the Rising Tide of Mobile Cyperthreats
- Mobile visibility: Gain instant visibility into advanced threats on Android and iOS devices to protect sensitive corporate data. Quickly identify vulnerable devices by reviewing device health and security posture.
- Enterprise application behavior monitoring: Monitor app behavior to uncover malicious or unwanted activity in business-critical mobile apps. On Android, CrowdStrike’s exclusive dynamic application shielding technology provides enhanced monitoring of enterprise apps, further protecting sensitive corporate data and intellectual property.
- Proactive threat hunting: Enable security teams to proactively hunt for threats on mobile devices. Search through telemetry such as mobile network activity, clipboard actions and peripheral connections to identify anomalous and malicious actions.
Extends EDR to Mobile Devices
- Unified endpoint telemetry: Falcon for Mobile is built on Falcon Insight™, CrowdStrike’s industry-leading EDR solution. Telemetry from traditional endpoints is presented alongside telemetry from mobile devices to enable rapid, comprehensive security incident investigations. Hunt for threats across your enterprise — from mobile devices to the data center.
- Single platform: Falcon for Mobile is fully integrated with the CrowdStrike Falcon platform. The Falcon lightweight agent technology is ideal for mobile devices, and CrowdStrike’s cloud-native platform provides the perfect conduit to manage, administer and hunt for threats.
- Seamless mobile management: Use existing enterprise MDM solutions to deploy, configure policies and manage apps protected by Falcon for Mobile.
Easy to Deploy
- Easy enrollment and activation: A simple two-step QR activation process allows users to quickly self-enroll and activates the Falcon for Mobile app, providing immediate protection.
- Privacy by design: Falcon for Mobile monitors only designated corporate apps with no monitoring of personal applications on the device, including text messaging, email or browsing history, etc.
- Lightweight app: Apps for Android and iOS are extremely high-performance and lightweight with a near zero effect on battery life and bandwidth usage of a device.
Download the CrowdStrike Falcon for Mobile Datasheet (.PDF)